Our goal: to save kidney patients from kidney related complications and hospitalisations
"Kidney patients deserve care that does not end with the doctor's visit. It is time to move from pure doctor visits to continuous care. It's time for Oska."
CEO & Co-Founder, Oska Health
We founded Oska Health because we have seen first-hand the challenges faced by kidney patients and their families.
We have worked for the largest kidney care providers in the world. We know how devastating kidney disease can be. And we know where to start to help patients live a better life.
Despite amazing advances in many industries, there has been little change in the way people with chronic kidney disease are cared for.
The challenge is that doctor visits and medication are not enough to protect patients from complications and control rising costs.
Studies show that lifestyle changes are needed to slow the progression of lifestyle-related diseases.
It's time for change
We do our best to ensure that support for chronic patients does not stop after the doctor's visit.
To achieve this, Oska offers an evidence-based combination of health coaching and a health app, both driven by algorithms to provide participants with personalised care in their daily lives - between doctor's visits.
It is time to move from pure doctor visits to continuous care. It's time for Oska.
CEO & Co-FounderLinkedIn
Niklas has 10 years in kidney care and building and leading high-performance digital teams. In his last position he was the Director Digital Products at Fresenius Medical Care. Niklas found three companies and holds an Executive MBA of the University of St. Gallen.
CPO & Co-FounderLinkedIn
Claudia has more than 20 years experience in London's startup and product studio scene. She is an experienced product leader combining strategy, human-centred design and tech. In her last position Claudia was the Product Lead ustwo, one of London's most renowned product studios.
Dr. Malte Waldeck
CFO/COO & Co-FounderLinkedIn
Malte has more than 8 years experience in the kidney care industry. In his previous positions he was the CIO of the Dmed Healthcare Group, and M&A Director at DaVita Kidney Care. Malte holds a Ph.D. of the RWTH Aachen and started his career in investment banking at Bankhaus Metzler.
Jamie has more than 20 years of software development experience in the London tech scene. He is a sesoned team leader, mentor, and hands-on executer. In he previous position Jamie was Lead Software Engineer at Bulb Energy, London.
"What I like most about working at Oska is our mission of helping people and working in a team that is totally behind it."
CPO & Co-Founder
Backed by industry-leading doctors
Prof. Dr. Christoph Wanner
- Professor at the University Hospital Würzburg, Germany
- Member of the Executive Committee of “Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes”
- Ex. Chairman of the Registry of the European Renal Registry Association (ERO-EDTA)
- Member of the Advisory Board “European Renal Best Practice”
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Wagner
- Professor at the University of Heidelberg
- Former Chief Medical Officer of B.Braun and Head of Medical Affairs at Amgen
- Extensive experience in the medical technology industry
- Provides team from day one with valuable medical and strategic advice
Dr. med Anh-Thu Hentschel
Internal Medicine and Nephrology
- Nephrologist at Nephrolgicum Lausitz / Dialyse Cottbus
- Specialist for internal medicine in the nephrology section of the 2nd Medical Clinic at the Carl-Thiem-Klinikum Cottbus (academic teaching hospital of the Berlin Charité)
- Guides the team on day-to-day medical decisions
Prof. Dr. med Klemens Budde
- Senior physician at Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, specializing in nephrology and internal intensive care medicine
- Specialist in internal medicine and nephrology, and hypertensiologist DHL
- Research focuses on clinical aspects of transplant medicine, including leading the 'MACSS' project funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics
- Head of DGfN commission for Digital Nephrology
Dr. med Jennifer Franke
- Business Manager DACH Philips. Former Chief Medical Officer Cardiology at Philips. Previously worked in international roles for Fresenius Medical Care and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Special focus on digital transformation of medicine and interdisciplinary collaboration in cardiovascular disease and its comorbidities.
- Member of the Cardiorenal Dysfunction Study Group of the European Society of Cardiology.
- Member of the Gematik interoperability expert group